Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lamar Odom To Opt Out Of Marriage Contract

According to sources close to the situation, Lakers power forward Lamar Odom has chosen to forego the second year of his two year marriage contract with reality TV star Khloe Kardashian and become a bachelor.
In September of 2009, Odom signed a two year marriage contract with Kardashian. While his first year was guaranteed, he had a husband option for the second year, meaning he could opt out of the marriage contract after his first year and test the newly single market. While the exact numbers involved in the deal have not been disclosed, it is estimated that Odom left around 1.3 million on the table by opting out of his deal.
Odom is a member of Team USA and will be travelling to Spain and Greece later this month, and to Turkey in September. His coach Mike Krzyzewski, for one, is delighted with the news.
"Lamar has been a little sluggish in practice lately," Krzyzewski said. "I've speculated it's had something to do with his high maintenance wife and the strain of being forced to document his life on camera. I think getting out of this contract will do wonders for him as a player."
Odom's Team USA teammate Kevin Durant had advised Odom "at least two months" ago that he should consider opting out.
"I mean, we all know Khloe is the ugly one," Durant said. "Kim and Kourtney are a different story. They're hot. I can deal with that. I told him he might even be better off waiting for those two younger twins to grow up."
Khloe's sister Kim, who dated Saints running back Reggie Bush, was surprised to hear about the great contact Lamar had signed.
"I couldn't believe he was able to sign the deal that he did," Kardashian said. "That was great work by his agent. When I signed on to date Reggie my contract wasn't guaranteed. So essentially, he could dump me at any time and my contract would be terminated."
The news of the breakup seemed to affect Khloe's younger brother Rob the most. While shown on the Kardashian's reality show Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Rob and Lamar seemed to be getting along quite well.
"I'm gonna miss him," Rob said via Twitter. "Besides Khloe, he's the closest thing to an older brother I've ever had."
Khloe could not be reached for comment, but according to an anonymous source, is "on her way to gaining a lot of that weight back."

No comments:

Post a Comment