Saturday, May 22, 2010

Coach Mistook Rap Music Video for Highlight Reel

According to the Los Angeles Daily News, USC bench warmer Percy Miller aka rapper Lil' Romeo will not be returning for his junior season. Miller, best known for his beef with fellow teen rapper Lil' Bow Wow, played in only 3 games at USC, logging a total of 19 minutes.
Former USC coach Tim Floyd, who recruited Miller, has admitted he mistook Lil' Romeo's "My Cinderella" music video to be actual game highlights.
In the video, Miller displayed an uncanny knack for getting to the basket, strong ball handling skills, and a nice outside touch. He also is seen rapping to and dancing with 12 year-old girls.
"I take full responsibility," said Floyd via phone interview. "I had no idea that was only a music video. I guess I was just excited to see a kid who looked so natural with the ball in his hands. And did you see those reverse layups? Incredible athleticism from the kid."
Followers of the USC program questioned Floyd's scholarship offer from the beginning. Citing that Miller averaged only 8.6 ppg playing for Beverly Hills High School.
"You know, those numbers are a little misleading," Floyd shot back. "Here's a player who was playing against a lot of rich white kids. Anyone's numbers would go down."
Despite the critics, Miller believes he deserved the scholarship. "Every one of those moves I put on in that music video were legit. I told my boys to really guard me, and they did. We even had to cut a few times because I dribbled the ball off my foot when my boys was playing off me."
Miller's father is rap mogul Master P, who is best known for his founding of the now defunct rap label No Limit Records, and is credited with launching the careers of at least 50 mediocre rappers.
Asked to comment on his son's decision not to return, he replied, "My son Percy, bout it, bout it."
The noticeably confused, 45 year old white reporter asked the senior Miller to clarify his statements, to which he replied, "Uggghhhh uggghhhhh da na da na da na da na."

No comments:

Post a Comment