Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Panini's For Everyone, Part I

In addition to the 2010 Panini Classics football pack I opened, I decided to pick up its basketball counterpart -- a pack of 2010-11 Panini Threads. Randomly inserted are rookie autographed cards with a swatch of a game worn jersey. Yeah, I was hoping for one of those.
Again, visit the blog A Pack To Be Named Later where I lifted the idea from. They've opened hundreds of packs across sports and years that will keep you entertained for hours.


#9 Luol Deng. It's nice to get a Bulls player. I suppose I can add this to the collection and look back fondly in 20 years, even if Deng hasn't lived up to his contract.



#15 Vince Carter. Hey, there's an All-Star on this card! It's just not Vince Carter.


#8 Monta Ellis. I have nothing bad to say about Monta. I just wish he didn't play on the West Coast so I could see him play more often.



#10 Samuel Dalembert. Dalembert is referred to as "The Haitian Eraser" on the back of the card. Why has this nickname not caught on? This would catapult to top 5 NBA nicknames, easily.



#16 Pau Gasol Die-Cut Jersey Insert. This was the only insert I received in either of the two packs. It's cut in the shape of Gasol's jersey, put doesn't actually contain any game used jersey. Eh, I guess it looks kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment