Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Opening Of The Flood Gates

I recently stumbled upon what I have tentatively dubbed, "The Best Blog Ever." It's called A Pack To Be Named Later and makes me wish I was creative enough to come up with a concept like this. The premise of the blog is simple. A bunch of guys buy some random packs of sports cards, open them, and then post the cards that were in the pack.
They never repeat the same pack, and even have an icon at the bottom to allow their readers to judge each pack's merit. I love the idea. Anyone who collected cards as a child can relate to the suspense associated with opening a pack, unaware of what's inside.
I decided to "borrow" their idea for a few posts, mostly because I wanted an excuse to buy some cards for the first time in about ten years. Be sure to visit their blog, linked above. It's strangely addictive.
I decided on a pack of football 2010 Panini Classics. I had never heard of Panini so I thought at first it may not be a legitimate company. However, they did advertise the possibility of pulling a game worn jersey or autographed card, and that sounded legitimate enough to me. The reason why I didn't recognize Panini was because they didn't start manufacturing NBA trading cards until January of 2009, and acquired Donruss' license to manufacture NFL cards two months later. I felt better about the fact that I recognized the Donruss brand. Without further ado...


#27 Ray Rice. The pack started off on a high note and went downhill quickly. Kind of like the Cowboys every year.



#17 Braylon Edwards. This is one of those rare instances where Edwards actually caught the ball, although it does appear to be coming out.



#28 Felix Jones. We've all seen those cards with three player's heads on them. I think if Felix Jones is going to be put on a card, it should be mandatory that he's pictured with Marion Barber and Tashard Choice.



#27 Knowshon Moreno. Moreno has had trouble staying on the field this season. But look at his muscle definition. Looks like he's been spending the extra free time in the weight room.



#8 Matt Hasselbeck. It's hard to believe that Hasselbeck took the Seahawks to a Super Bowl only five years ago. Seriously, that did happen, right?

Wow, this was fun. I'll be back tomorrow to post the basketball cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment