Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ersan Ilyasova Reprises His Starring Role

It's been quite the stretch for Ersan Ilyasova, highlighted by a 29-point, 25-rebound effort on Sunday against the Nets. With increased playing time, Ilyasova has picked up some of the scoring slack and is now the Bucks' best rebounder by default thanks to another Andrew Bogut injury. The Bulls kept him in check all night, leaving his string of big games to disappear into the wind along with his once-promising acting career.

 Most people have forgotten Ilyasova's short stint as Daniel Desario in the cult classic television show Freaks and Geeks. Ilyasova worked under the name "James Franco" and has since spawned a pretty successful career for a look-a-like who goes by the same name. Contrary to popular belief, Ilyasova did not write, or has at least denied any responsibility for the travesty known as Palo Alto: Stories, now available on Amazon for as low as 73 cents. Here are some of Ilyasova's most memorable scenes from the short-lived comedy.    






"I don't give damn bout my reputation..."

Da na na na na na na 

"Chuck up bad shot in any situation..."

Da na na na na na na






"Which am I? Dungeon or Dragon?

"No, Daniel. The name of the game is Dungeons and Dragons. Roll the dice to find out your ability score."

[Ersan rolls dice]

"Dwarf?!?! Daniel stands 6 feet and 10 inches tall. Daniel is no dwarf."

"Dwarfs are good. They can do a lot of things the big guys can't do. They're tough and really good at finding jewels.
"Jewels, you say? Fine. Daniel will be dwarf."






"Weren't you the guy with the crazy girlfriend?"


"Yes. We split apart. We do just not share of similar interests anymore. She not into current affairs. I am. She not a punker. I AM!"


"Really? You know what punkers don't do?"


[Ersan remains silent]


"Call themselves punkers. What do you listen to?"


"The Clash. Iggy. The Ramones. Sex Pistols. Rashit. Pisliks. Tunay Akdeniz and Cigrisim. How about you for those obscure bands?"







"Well, that suck."


"Royally."


"No guys, it sounded a lot better."


"I'm out here."


"Where are you going, Daniel? We need to rehearse more."


"No, it is you that do rehearsing. I quit."


"You can't quit. We need to practice."


"You are dumb ass, Andopolis. Rock and roll to do not come from brain. It come from my crotch. Why you think I wear mask, huh? For shit and giggle? For horse play time? This not job for me, Mr. Cute Shorts. And if you ever got any, you know that.








[Omer Asik guest-starred on one episode as Daniel's friend, Nick Andopolis, formerly played by Jason Segel]


"Nick, do you make out man behind us."


"I do. Big movie star."


"His name, it escapes me."


"And me as well."


"He is the I'm fat guy who knock up hot girl, correct?"


"I believe so, yes."


"Do we ask him for autograph."


"Absolutely NO, Daniel. He ask us. We are big bad American basketball stars."


"Do you think he know our faces?"


"No. Sadly, no. We a couple of tall Turks to him."


"Nick, let me put this, how you say, gently. Why is your chin bleed?"


"My dad, army man, hit me in face. Day in the life."

No comments:

Post a Comment